Licensing and Legal Compliance

The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that the event complies with all relevant laws and regulations and to obtain any licenses as required. These are likely to include the following but this list should not be taken as comprehensive:

  • The Food Safety Regulations
  • Health & Safety law
  • Laws relating to alcohol licensing
  • Public performance licensing
  • Copyright law
  • Fair Trading laws
  • Laws relating to gaming, betting and lotteries
  • Safeguarding

Alcoholic drinks, disorderly behaviour and supply of illegal drugs

Alcoholic drinks may be served to over 18s, but you may not sell alcohol in the hall as it is not covered by a premises licence. The Hirer is not permitted to apply for an occasional licence for the sale of intoxicating liquor either on or off the premises.

The Hirer is responsible for taking care to ensure there is no excessive consumption of alcohol and also for ensuring that alcohol is not supplied or served to any person suspected of being drunk or to any person suspected of being under the age of 18.

Any person suspected of being drunk, under the influence of drugs or who is behaving in a violent or disorderly way must be asked to leave the premises. No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises.


Live or amplified music and/or disco equipment may be used during private events subject to the conditions about noise and about electrical equipment. Out of consideration for our neighbours, loud music may not be played so it can be heard outside the hall after 23:00. If recorded music is used, the event must be strictly private, it must not be advertised to the general public, admission must be restricted to personal invitation to the friends of the Hirer, the general public may not be admitted and no admission charge may be made.

Dancing, musical or dramatic performances

The hall is not licensed for the admission of the general public for dancing, musical or dramatic performances.